Πέμπτη 2 Νοεμβρίου 2017

Hellenic (Greek) words in international songs - B (Veta)


Words of Hellenic (Greek) origin in popular, successful or favorite international songs.

B


baptize (βαπτίζω)

Ask The Lord - HIPSWAY (LP Hipsway1986)
Lyrics: hot summer rain burn me on the wheel, baptize me with fire

Madonna’s Eyes - JENNIFER RUSH (LP Jennifer Rush1984)
Madonna's Eyes - JAYNE COLLINS (single1985)
Lyrics: she will baptise all the waiting men



barbarian (βάρβαρος)

Barbarism Begins At Home - THE SMITHS (LP Meat Is Murder1985)
Lyrics



baritone (βαρύτονος)

Blinded By The Light - MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND (LP The Roaring Silence1976)
Lyrics: some brimstone baritone anticyclone rolling stone, preacher from the east



base, basic (βάση, βασικός)

Perfect Way - SCRITTI POLITTI (LP Cupid & Psyche 851985)
Lyrics: I better get back to the basics for you



Bible (Βίβλοςβιβλίο)

American Pie - DON McLEAN (LP American Pie, 1971)
Lyrics: and do you have faith in God above if the Bible tells you so

Closer To Fine - INDIGO GIRLS (LP Indigo Girls, 1989)
Lyrics: we look to the children, we drink from the fountain, we go to the Bible, we go through the workout

The Future - LEONARD COHEN (LP The Future, 1992)
Lyrics: I'm the little Jew Who wrote the Bible I've seen the nations rise and fall I've heard their stories

I Want Your Sex - GEORGE MICHAEL (LP Faith1987)
Lyrics: I don’t need no Bible

Jack & Diane - JOHN COUGAR (LP American Fool, 1982)
Lyrics: let the Bible belt come down & save my soul

Jesus Of Suburbia - GREEN DAY (LP Bullet In A Bible, 2005)
Lyrics: I'm the son of rage and love The Jesus of Suburbia The Bible of none of the above

Judas - LADY GAGA (LP Born This Way, 2011)
Lyrics: in the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance

Locomotive Breath - JETHRO TULL (LP Aqualung, 1971)
Lyrics: he picks up Gideons Bible open at page one

Missionary Man - EURYTHMICS (LP Revenge, 1986)
Lyrics: black eyed looks from these Bible looks

Pink Cadillac - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (b side on ''Dancing In The Dark'', 1984)
Lyrics: way back in the Bible, temptations always come along

Rain On The Scarecrow - JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP (LP Scarecrow, 1985)
Lyrics: grandma's on the front porch swing with a Bible in her hand, sometimes I hear her singing take me to the promised land

Rasputin - BONEY M (LP Nightflight To Venus, 1978)
Lyrics: he could preach the Bible like a preacher, full of ecstasy & fire but he also was the kind of teacher women would desire

Respect Yourself - BRUCE WILLIS (orig. The Staple Singers) (LP The Return Of Bruno, 1987)
Lyrics: if you don’t give a heck about the man with the Bible in his hand

The Fifth Horseman - PREFAB SPROUT (LP Andromeda Heights1997)
Lyrics: the Bible mentions four, I tell you there's one more

The Honeythief - HIPSWAY (LP Hipsway, 1986)       
Lyrics: Sleek big cat Bible black

The Pusher - STEPPENWOLF (LP Steppenwolf, 1968)
Lyrics: I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun



biography (βιογραφία)

Blind - TALKING HEADS (LP Naked, 1988)
Lyrics: got a face of stone and a ghostwritten biography



biology (βιολογία)

Jimmy Lee - ARETHA FRANKLIN (LP Aretha, 1986)
Lyrics: history, biology & that magical December

Russians - STING (LP The Dream Of The Blue Turtles, 1985)
Lyrics: we share the same biology, regardless of ideology

She Blinded Me With Science - THOMAS DOLBY (single, 1982)
Lyrics: she failed me in biology

Wonderful World - SAM COOKE (single, 1960)
Lyrics: don't know much biology



blasphemy (βλασφημία)

Blasphemous Rumours - DEPECHE MODE (LP Some Great Reward, 1984)
Lyrics: I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor and when I die I expect to find Him laughing

Shoot Me Down - EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL (LP Love Not Money, 1985)
Lyrics: these drunken blasphemies must never make us enemies

Watchdogs - UB 40 (LP Rat In The Kitchen, 1988)
Lyrics: the blasphemies keep coming



Under Construction



bomb

Ask - THE SMITHS
Lyrics:

California Love - 2PAC feat. DR. DRE
Lyrics:

Capital G - NINE INCH NAILS
Lyrics:

Cherry Bomb - JOHN MELLENCAMP
Lyrics:

Cherry Bomb - THE RUNAWAYS
Lyrics:

Don't Stop Me Now - QUEEN
Lyrics:

Forever Young - ALPHAVILLE
Lyrics:

God Save The Queen - SEX PISTOLS
Lyrics:

Miss Atomic Bomb - THE KILLERS
Lyrics:

Mother - PINK FLOYD
Lyrics:

1999 - PRINCE
Lyrics:

Pour Some Sugar On Me - DEF LEPPARD
Lyrics:

The Boy In The Bubble - PAUL SIMON
Lyrics:

Time Bomb - CHUMBAWAMBA
Lyrics:

We Didn't Start The Fire - BILLY JOEL
Lyrics:


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου