Δευτέρα 13 Νοεμβρίου 2017

Hellenic (Greek) words in international songs - F, G


Words of Hellenic (Greek) origin in popular, successful or favorite international songs.

F, G


fantasy, fantastic (φαντασία, φανταστικός)

Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - SOUL II SOUL (LP Club Classics Vol. One, 1989)
Lyrics: back from a fantasy

Imaginary Lover - ATLANTA RHYTHM SECTION (LP Champagne Jam, 1978)
Lyrics: It's my private pleasure Midnight fantasy Someone to share my wildest dreams with me (the song refers to masturbation)



Under construction




Barbie Girl - AQUA
Lyrics: life in plastic, it's fantastic

Call Me - SPAGNA
Lyrics: all my fantasy to dream about you

Can’t Stop Loving You Now - MATTHEW FISHER
Lyrics: it's just a fantasy

China In Your Hand - T’PAU
Lyrics: a prophecy for a fantasy

Come Back & Stay - PAUL YOUNG
Lyrics: I shut my eyes and I fantasize

Don’t Get Me Wrong - THE PRETENDERS
Lyrics: it might just be fantastic

Don’t Stand So Close To Me - THE POLICE
Lyrics: Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasy

Dreamtime - DARYL HALL
Lyrics: you were talking through the smoke in your fantasy... believe it's alright to fantasize

Enchanted Lady - THE PASADENAS
Lyrics: let’s explore all fantasies

Ghostdancing - SIMPLE MINDS
Lyrics: they all went to heaven in a stupid fantasy

Happy Children - P. LION
Lyrics: your fantasy will find new nice colours

Hey You - PINK FLOYD
Lyrics: but it was only a fantasy, the wall was too high

Hit me with your rythmstick - IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS

Hungry eyes - ERIC CARMEN

I do what I do - JOHN TAYLOR 
that we fantasize

I’ve had the time of my life - B. MEDLEY & J. WARNES
as we felt this magical fantasy

I know him so well - E. PAIGE & B. DICKSON

Into the groove - MADONNA

Is your love strong enough - BRYAN FERRY

I should be so lucky - KYLIE MINOGUE

I wanna do it with you - B. MANILOW
I want to love out my fantasies

Keeping the dream alive-FREIHEIT

Kiss-PRINCE

Kiss you all over-EXILE

Music & lights-IMAGINATION
secret fantasies

Never too much-L. VANDROSS
my love fantasy

No mercy-STRANGLERS

No regrets-ROBBIE WILLIAMS (98)

Obsession-ANIMOTION
my fantasies are turned to madness

O Pastor-MADREDEUS
fantasia

Rain or shine-5 STAR
my fantasy come true

Round & round - SPANDAU BALLET

Saving all my love for you - WHITNEY HOUSTON
just an old f.

Street of dreams-RAINBOW

Truly madly deeply-SAVAGE GARDEN

Voices in my head-NAKED EYES

Who can it be now-MEN AT WORK

You can win if you want-MODERN TALKING

F.E.A.R.-IAN BROWN (2001)
fantastic expectations

Jackie don’t go-SURVIVOR



galaxy

Clouds across the moon - RAH BAND
this is the intergalactic operator

Cosmic girl - JAMIROQUAI

Spacer - SHEILA & B. DEVOTION

Weightless - PREFAB SPROUT



geometry

Perfect skin - L.C.A.T.COMMOTIONS

She blinded me with science - THOMAS DOLBY



giant

Le Geant De Papier - JEAN-JACQUES LAFON

Looking through the eyes of love - GENE PITNEY
a hero a giant

Time will crawl - DAVID BOWIE
I would not challenge a giant



government

Belfast child - SIMPLE MINDS
my faith in church & God & the government

Today - TALK TALK
governed by the title on the wall

Virtual insanity - JAMIROQUAI   
govern....



graph

Everything counts - DEPECHE MODE
the graph on the wall



graphite

I.G.Y. - DON FAGEN



guitar

Superstar - CARPENTERS
play your sad guitar



gym

American Pie - DON McLEAN
I saw you dancing in the gym

Memories - LEONARD COHEN
dance me to the dark side of the gym

Walk This Way - RUN DMC
school gym locker


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου